Itech IT7900 Regenerative Grid Simulator and four-quadrant amplifier.
The ITECH IT7900 series is a programmable, four-quadrant grid simulator. It is also a four-quadrant power amplifier, which can be used to test various grid-connected equipment. For example, PCS, energy storage system, microgrid, BOBC (V2X), PHiL, etc. With the islanding mode (RLC settable), a single unit of IT7900 can realize the anti-islanding protection test. Besides, the power density of Itech IT7900 series is very high, 15kVA in 3U. After parallel connection, the power can be extended to 960kVA at most.
- High power density/minimum rack space, 3U up to 15kVA,16Hz~150Hz.
- Regenerative grid simulator & full 4-Quadrant AC&DC power sources.
- Power Amplifier function for PHiL applications.
- Professional anti-islanding test mode, can set and simulate the RLC (resistive-inductive-capacitive), active and reactive power circuit for anti-islanding detection.
- CC/CV/CP modes.
- AC, DC, AC+DC or DC+AC output capability.
- Comprehensive working modes selectable: single-phase, three-phase, reversed phase and multi-channel.
- Programmable Output Impedance, allows simulation of Real-World Utility Grid Impedance.
- Compliance tests incl LVRT /Phase Jump/Frequency variation/Harmonic Injection.
- Supported regulatory testing include IEC61000-4-11/4-13/4-14/4-28 etc.
Wide voltage ranges: 350V L-N and 500V L-N.
- Master-slave parallel with current sharing technology, up to 960kVA.
- Intuitive touch screen;Built-in single/3-phase AC power meter;Scope function.
- Fast response time and high accuracy 0.1%+0.2%FS.
- Waveforms Library : Sine wave, Square wave,Triangle wave,Clipped sine waves,Staircase wave, self-defined waves.
- Harmonics and Interharmonics waveform synthesizer.
- Power line disturbance simulation testing by LISTprogramming/SWEE/Surge&Sag functions.
- The harmonic measurement function can measure 50th order harmonics of voltage and current.
- Output 0-360 ° start/stop phase angle can be set.
- Front panel USB port for data and waveform import and export.
- Provides various trigger input/output signals. When amplitude/frequency changes, trigger signals can be generated to synchronously capture the current waveform of DUTs.
- Relay CTRL function, to cut off the connection between instrument and DUT.
- Frequency lock and phase lock function, tracking the external signal frequency and phase, to achieve 6 phase& 12 phase power output.
- Built-in USB/CAN/LAN/Digital IO interface, optional GPIB /Analog&RS232.
Regenerative 4-Quadrant AC Grid Simulator
Full 4-Quadrant Power Amplifier
Anti-islanding Test Mode
Master/Slave parallel, power up to 960kVA
Built-in various type of distorted waveforms
The Itech IT7900 series represent the newest generation of programmable, full four-quadrant grid simulators with full 100% of current rating in both source and sink mode, and provides energy recovery capability. The power generated by the DUT during the test can be easily fed back to the AC grid, rather than being dissipated as heat,which protects the environment and lowers the cost of operation.It can be applied to the applications in testing grid-tied products that inject energy into the grid, such as the frequency changes, voltage transients and DC injection of grid-tied/off-grid inverters testing.
The Itech IT7900 series regenerative grid simulator can be used as a power amplifier to complete power hardware in the loop (PHIL) applications for microgrids, energy storage and new energy vehicles. The digital I/O or a standard suite of analog signal can be input via an external analog interface (optional) and then amplified without distortion to a real power waveshape with an external analog response time of less than 200us.
To meet the certification test of anti-islanding effect for grid-tied products, the IT7900 series provide a professional anit-islanding test mode. Users can adjust RLC parameters or configure the parameters of active power and reactive power to achieve the effect of simulating purely resistive or nonlinear grid loads, and further verify the anti-islanding protection response time of grid-tied DUTs under different equivalent impedances, three-phase load balancing and non-balancing conditions.The solution helps engineers to simplify the test circuit and cost savings of additional equipment such as oscilloscopes and power meters.
The Itech IT7900 series can be master-slave paralleled to get higher current and power. Maximum 64 sets can be paralleled to reach 960kVA, the parallel is flexible and convenient. Itech IT7900 comes with synchronous On/Off input and output signals, which ensure the synchronization of paralleling and ensures synchronous current sharing of multiple modules. After paralleling, all functions are retained and there’s no loss of accuracy, making the construction of the power system faster, more flexible, and more economical, either it is a stand-alone test or ATE system.
Thanks to the function of large data recording, Itech IT7900 series is capable of recording up to 7 hours of continuous data at short intervals (fastest: 100ms). And it’s easy to view the complete curve generating from the start to the end of the test by the mode ‘trend’. There are six curves that can be displayed at the same time at most. In addition, you can slide the vernier calipers on the screen to check the exact data at a particular point in the current trend curves. It is useful for analyzing errors during test for a long time or inflection points during loading, etc. Besides, you can export the test data for further analysis by a USB.
In addition to sine waveform, Itech IT7900 series provides various standard AC waveforms, such as triangular wave, sawtooth wave, square wave, trapezoidal wave and clipped sine wave. These waves can be easily recall from the menu and displayed in the LCD touch screen. Moreover, in combination with sequence programming function, users can realize multiple waveform continuous output, to cope with complex power line disturbance test.