98x Teraohmmeter/Insulation Resistance (IR) Tester
In a never ending race for higher efficiency, electric vehicles and solar panel arrays are now operating with voltage rails up to 2.5 KV. This is no place for a 1 KV tester, it’ time to step up to a Vitrek 98x!
Built upon the same DSP technology that has established Vitrek as a leader in hipot test systems, the 98xi devices feature a unique combination of performance features including:
- Multi-dwell Functionality (multiple steps without having to return to zero between steps).
- High-speed Testing (with dwell times as low as 100 ms).
- Pico-Amp Leakage Measurement (with stable and precise 50 Teraohm IR readings).
- Continuously Variable IR Test Voltage (adjustable over the full output range of the instrument).
- Multi-mode IR (three test modes – end on time, end on pass, end on fail).
- Capacitance Test Modes (critical for solar panels, cable harnesses and other capacitive loads).
For applications requiring IR testing of multiple conductors, the Vitrek 98×1 IR Testers have the capability of directly controlling up to four 64-channel Vitrek 964i high-voltage scanners. Utilizing a PC equipped with Vitrek’s QT Enterprise™ software, the same instrument can handle up to 1020 test points.
- Highest Range of IR Test Voltage — Choose from 6.5KVDC or 11KVDC maximum output.
- Fast IR Readings — High speed output control with Dual Coldfire microprocessors and Dual DSPs to provide dwell times as low as 100ms.
- High Resistance Measurement Range — Transfer measurement up to 150 Teraohms.
- Expansive Test Sequency Memory holds up to 100 tests with up to 254 steps per test. Tests can be selected via front panel, Ethernet, RS232 or with optional GPIB.
- Multi-Dwell Functionality — permits dwells at different voltage levels without having to return to zero between test steps – dramatically simplifying advanced analysis of dielectric properties. Ethernet, RS232, Digital I/O & Scanner Control — All standard interfaces – Provides the highest level of test automation. GPIB available.
- Pico-Amp Leakage Measurement ensures that even the lowest leakage current levels are accurately detected and 150 Teraohm transfer and 50 Teraohm IR readings are stable and precise.
- Test Specific Fixture & Cable Compensation — Automatically calibrate out offset errors caused by test fixture insulation resistance and capacitive and leakage.
- Multi-Mode IR — Values up to one Teraohm or more can be obtained with precision in your choice of 4 IR test modes – end on time, end on pass or end on fail or steady or rising.
- Continuously Variable IR Test Voltage — Unlike many IR testers which limit you to 3 or 4 discrete test voltages, the 981i allows you to select the test voltage you need from 30V to 6.5KV with 1 volt resolution. The 983i provides outputs from 60V to 11KV.
- Capacitive Loads — The 981i & 983i are specified for use with capacitive loads, most IR testers are not. This means the 981i & 983i are exceptional at performing IR tests on cabling PV panels and CMC devices.
- Measure IR on Grounded Loads — Some DUTs cannot be isolated from earth ground, add option HSS2 to make precise IR measurements on grounded loads.
- Light Weight Design — Better reliability, easier on your back. Compare the 4.5 kg 981i/983i to whatever you’ve been using. Vitrek delivers superior performance in a smaller, lighter footprint.
- 3 Year Extended Warranty — 1 year standard, total of 3 years extended warranty with registration and annual factory calibration. Built-in reliability you can count on for years to come.
- Safety Tested per EN 61010-1. EMC compliant to EN 61326-1. Manual Test Mode — Allows for variable voltage output during testing with continuous measurements and pass/fail indiciation until the user stops the test.
- Made in the U.S.A.